allergic to cosmetics It is a skin reaction showing an allergic reaction to a chemical in cosmetics. Until the skin becomes red, swollen, rash, itchy or other symptoms such as dermatitis, peeling skin, allergic contact rash, skin sensitivity to light, infection, hives or other dangerous complications, etc., even if the cosmetics are natural or organic products. organic It can cause allergic reactions. by people who are allergic to pollen or food allergies There is a high risk of allergic reactions to cosmetics.
Why are you allergic to cosmetics?
Cosmetics are products used to enhance beauty. Cleans and protects the skin, hair or teeth Help modify the appearance of the user to have a better personality. Most cosmetics contain fragrances, sunscreens, paints, metals, resins, preservatives, and so many other substances that sometimes it may not be possible to determine which is causing the symptoms. allergic to user
The chemicals found to cause allergic reactions to cosmetics most often, respectively, are:
– flavoring agent More than 5,000 types of fragrances, or perfumes, are used in cosmetics such as perfumes, shampoos, conditioners, and moisturizers. deodorant and face makeup. 70-80 percent of fragrance substances cause allergic reactions. It can be detected by skin testing.
– Preservatives. Most liquid cosmetics contain preservatives as an ingredient. Skin care products, shampoos. This substance is used to prevent the growth of bacteria and fungi. which can cause allergic rashes
– Paraphenylene diamine in hair dyes It is a substance commonly used in hair dyes. because it has the ability to make the hair color look natural But it can cause allergic reactions such as skin rashes on the eyelids, ears or swelling of the face and scalp.
level of cosmetic allergy
Some users may experience allergic reactions. only a small amount and disappears on its own Or may be allergic so severe that you need to see a doctor The severity of the symptoms may depend on the reaction to the substances in each cosmetic as well. The level of allergic reactions to cosmetics are as follows:
– Inflammation of the skin from irritation is a common symptom and can happen to anyone. especially those whose skin is sensitive to allergens. After touching makeup Patients will have a skin rash, itching, redness, skin may be flaky. or a blister If the patient is severely allergic to cosmetics A reaction may occur shortly after exposure. But if the allergic reaction is not severe It may take days or weeks for an allergic reaction to appear.
– contact urticaria The patient will have a burning sensation in a specific area. I felt like a needle was pricked shortly after I touched my makeup. Symptoms may last for minutes or hours. and followed by the occurrence of urticaria rash which is characterized by swelling, redness, itching of the skin. The above symptoms usually disappear within 1 day.
– allergic contact rash Caused by the immune system, the body is sensitive to allergens. After exposure Patients develop a skin rash, itching, swelling, redness, which increases steadily for more than 12 hours and is most severe on the 2nd day after exposure.
– contact rash from reaction to light Cosmetics can react with sunlight causing a skin rash.
– severe allergic reactions although it is a rare symptom But patients will experience nausea, vomiting, skin rashes, swelling and difficulty breathing. which patients should seek medical attention immediately because if the allergic reaction intensifies can cause death
How to treat a cosmetic allergy
When allergic to cosmetics Stop using and rinse immediately. If the allergic reaction is not very severe, it may go away on its own in no time. Or may be treated with the drug hydrocortisone type 1 percent cream applied to the skin of the allergic area. Always talk to your doctor or pharmacist about how to use this medication and what precautions you should take before using it.
but if self-treatment is ineffective or more severe symptoms The patient should see a doctor. Doctors often consider treatment according to the nature of the symptoms. birth area and the level of severity In some cases, steroid medication may be required in combination with antibiotics. especially when the blisters start and become infected
allergic to cosmetics How to prevent it?
Here are some ways to prevent cosmetic allergies:
– Buy cosmetics from a shop that has a sure source and trust.
– Buy cosmetics that are clearly labeled with ingredients and how to use them.
– Shop for cosmetics that contain less compounds. to reduce the risk of exposure to hazardous substances or substances that cause allergic reactions
– Shop for cosmetics that are said to cause less allergic reactions. free from fragrance or not causing a blockage
– Carefully consider the key ingredient information. to avoid substances that cause allergies especially If you have a history of allergy to any substance before
– Preliminary skin allergy test before using new makeup By applying in a narrow area or trying to apply on the stomach.
– Close the cosmetic cap tightly after use. to prevent contamination from dust, dirt or germs
– Avoid spraying perfume directly into the skin. Perfume should be sprayed onto clothing and allowed to dry before wearing.
– Avoid using any kind of cosmetics with a history of severe allergic reactions.
Note : Women need to take care of their skin to be bright and have healthy skin without sagging. with best wishes from https://facelabs.co.th/